Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 2 of Self Employment - feeling and finding my new Rythem

Its amazing what having a vision and feeling a purpose in life can do. My ambition has brought me to Union Sq. today where I came to pick up my camera from the repair shop and now I am eating a really great healthy meal for lunch. The opportunity to flex my wings and figure out what my new rhythm is has given me this new sensation all over my body. Its definitely a new day out here for me and I'm loving it. My main purpose right now is to figure out what my new rhythm is going to be. For the past three years I've dealt with a lot and have been set in my ways as far as going to work, meditation, and being with my girlfriend. I mean a lot of other stuff has happened, but now I can fully concentrate on Barrio Media and work on the things that I want to work on, be part of the causes that I feel I can invest my time in, and truly feel apart of my community and take a more active role.

My second day so far has been great. I look forward to the ups and downs because they are all apart of the experience. I am grateful to have the courage to be able to break out of the mold. I just wish more of my friends and family were able to do the same. Its amazing, I feel what the power of having vision is. It gives me confidence and drive. It allows me to see where I want to go, but I give myself the flexibility to try new things and not be so rigid. As long as I can pay my bills i would like to live this way forever!

Today I am going to check out a film screening at the Museum of the city of New York on the gentrification of East Harlem and the Lower East Side. This should be interesting as these are topics that interest me and i need ideas for my next documentary on sustainable communities in New York. I think that if the people can cultivate and learn about creating communities that sustain their basic nutritional needs then we will be better humans for it. I've made some connections, now I need to strategize what the next steps will be, who else I need to talk to and so on. I think this would make a great topic.

Thats it for now. Live free. Open your heart. And live your mission. Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Exito with the self employment. I know the feeling.

    You are invited to the Bronx Entrepreneurs and Business Network on Oct. 19th. Here's the press release:
    http://www.prlog.org/10961988-bronx-entrepreneurs-and-business-networks-first-networking-night.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful message. How I wish I could join you. How I wish I could afford to stop going to work in a dreary job (uhab can be challenging) just because you have to pay the rent. Live your dream. You have made a wise decision.

    Now - how will this violene that is going on - going to interfere with your dreams and the dreams you hold for yourself and others. The Julia de Burgos issue has divided the community.

    But, here you are with your beautiful dreams and hopes for the young people. So these OLD people better stop fighting among themselves. How can we tell young people to stop kiling themselves when were doing the same with words. Even I am guilty of that.

    You have made me be quiet for a moment... Thank you.

    ReplyDelete