Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How we must come from the HEART and take a STAND

If there is anything I've learned out here in the desert (traveling the expanses of New Mexico) is that we all have to start coming from the heart in everything we do if we are ever going to start making changes on both the micro and macro level. For me coming from the heart is coming from a place of abundant fearlessness and love. The fate of the environment and the world we leave our future generations depends on this. I've been out here just about 6 days and now that its coming to and end I thought I would reflect on the lessons learned about the world and about my self.

First, I can't emphasize enough how important it is to just LISTEN. Listening offers the opportunity to open our hearts without the inward conversation from overflowing onto the scene and hindering our presence in the moment. I've been learning to breath in and listen on the out breath to all thats happening and then taking everything in. As I sat on the edge of the Rio Grande Gorge in Taos, NM I would close my eyes every few minutes or so and just listen to the vastness and then when I would open my eyes each time I was awarded a new found sense of awareness both in the physicality of existence and the presence of mind I gave myself each time I took in a new breath. Can you imagine what the word would be like if at any given moment all of us would just take up this practice? How in every moment we could award our selves with a new perspective. Just think about it.

Im taking my stand. Right now and here I am going to take my stand and ground my self in it so that I can move forward from there and see where it takes me. You must be like, what the hell is he talking about? Whats taking a stand? In the simplest form that I understand what it means is that we must all take a stand for what we believe in if we want to create and induce personal growth. A plant can only grow if it has ground to root it self in. Same with us. We can't change or grow emotionally or spiritually if we don't have a firm place from which we take a stand from. So whats my stand? I stand for education of the uneducated. I stand for equality and fairness. I stand for consciousness and living in a would of haves, not have nots. I stand for a you and me world, not a you or me world. I stand for collaboration, because it is the only way to true prosperity.

Sounds like a lot to stand on right. Well these are the things I stand for because they are what make me happy, and why do anything if your not happy doing it?

I've learned about some of the messages we are given through society and the impact they have, intended or unintended, and one of the things that I know in my heart is that we can't take nothing at face value. We have to experience things in this life if we want to formulate our own perspective from which to draw conclusions. So try these things to see if your perspective changes. Lets start with the scarcty mentality we live with. The message we carry is "there's not enough." Really? Lets say we start saying "I am Great-Full for what I have." There is a certain sense of Great-ness in being Full of life and of what we need to live within our means. There is a calm that comes over me when I know I got all that I need, nothing more, nothing less.

I recommend you read "The Soul of Money" by Lynn Twist. Its a great starting point of refernce if your in the mood to change your perspective. Don't let the title fool you, its really about the relationship you have with your own soul and how it out-worldly effects the life you are living now.

Thats it for now, enough of my rhetoric. See you on the east coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment